Select a heading
Heat Recovery Technology Information
Heat recovery systems extract the heat energy lost from exhaust air from ventilation systems. The heat recovered is used to pre heat the fresh air entering the building.
- Buildings with a high level of insulation and draught proofing often need to incorporate ventilation systems to maintain air quality
- Ventilation systems present a signifcant heat loss from a system
- Mechanical ventilation Heat Recovery MVHR units minimize heat loss making large savings on heating
- Heat recovery systems improve comfort by reducing cold air inflows to a building
- When combined with efficient insulation and draught proofing can save over 90% of heat that due to uncontrolled ventilation and draughts, would be lost in a conventional building
An overview of typical UK heat recovery systems will be added here soon.
Requirements for heat recovery systems will be added here soon.
Cost considerations for heat recovery systems will be added here soon.
There are currently no grants available.
The UK planning systems plays an important role in helping protect the environment in our towns, cites and our countryside. Any building work or installation requires approval via a planning authority. The installation of any proposed heat recovery installation at your property will therefore require planning permission. Due to the fact that planning in the UK is a devolved responsibility, ease of the planning process depends entirely on your Local Planning Authority (LPA).
If you get a no obligation quote through the S&G Get a Quote function the local installers contacted will be able to advise you further. Alternatively you can check with your local planning authority (LPA) for details. The contact details of your LPA can be found by going here and entering your postcode.
- If you have any outstanding questions once you have looked at all the information pages relating to this technology, please write to us on email@example.com and we will aim to get back to you with an answer ASAP.
- You can also use the above email address to get in touch with our independent energy experts who will more than happy to provide you with tailored project consultancy support if required. Click here to find out more about Save & Generate's Independent Energy Assessment services, or visit the S&G Energy Consultancy web site for more details on our consultancy services.
- Our latest independent energy expert blogs on energy efficiency provide further critical insights into developments within the industry and topics of current debate, including latest Government policy developments. Click here to read more.
Next steps to Save & Generate
- Use the above tabs to find out further information on this and other technologies.
- Use the feasibility function to instantly see how well suited your location is to these technologies
- Use the S&G Get a Quote function to receive FREE, no obligation quotes from the accredited and user rated installers working in your area.
- Once you are happy that you have reduced your energy consumption as far as feasible, why not have a browse of our microgeneration technologies to find out how you can generate your own energy and make money in the process?