Who has access to your information
We have access to the information that you provide on the Website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee is payable. All requests should be made in writing to our address. We own the data that we collect on the site. The Website allows you to request meetings with Installers (as defined in the Terms & Conditions). If you request a meeting with an Installer, we will pass on the following information to the Installer:
- your name;
- your postcode;
- your email address;
- your telephone number, if you have submitted it to the Website;
- the quote request questionnaire output that the Website has generated for you as part of your use of the Website.
We may use contractors to service the site. Where these contractors require access to personal information, we try to seek assurances that they comply with the DPA and that your information will be kept confidential. They will not use your information except to fulfil their obligations to us, and will not use it except in line with this privacy notice.
We may have to disclose information about customers to our professional advisers to obtain professional advice.
Other than as set out above, we will not disclose your information to anyone else.
Location of data
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Union.
Information we collect and use
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering with us, requesting orders (see paragraph above), asking questions or submitting feedback comments to experts on the Website, and requesting information or further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and if you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you complete a survey on the site, we may collect that and use it within our business.
- We may keep details of your visits to our site including traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data:
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send information on special offers, promotions, new services or other information that we think you may find interesting. This information will be sent to the email address you have provided.
- To contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post.
If you believe any of the information we are holding is incorrect, please write to us at our address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We use this for Website administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you.
How we use your data
We use data about you in the following ways:
Data & password security
- To provide you with access to parts of our Website;
- To allow you to use the facilities and services on the Website;
- To contact you about your requests;
- To use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our services;
- To tell you about important changes or developments to the Website;
- To produce statistics about our customers for our advertisers and investors. This information is anonymous and does not identify any individuals. We can use these statistics to allow adverts to be targeted at certain types of customers.
All data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Once we have received data from you, we use certain procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where you have a password, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. Please do not share the password with anyone.
Sending information on the internet is not completely secure. Although we use reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Unless we have been negligent we are not liable for any loss arising from a breach of security.
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Once you leave our Website we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide. You should always read the privacy statement applicable to the website.